Friday, September 5, 2008

9/5/08

First off, I think I'm just going to do a weekly blog. Every weekend I'll recap the weeks events.

Today I created a PSA (a UAA commercial about events around campus) for KRUA (the university radio station). I learned how to use the sound editing programs, created a write-up based on the information given me, and then I recorded the commercial and layered it over a musical loop.

That was the first step towards getting my own radio show. Tonight I go in to present a show proposal.

Yesterday was my first day as a coach for NLSC. I had a great time with the kids and I'm definitely looking forward to more practices. The only downside is I'm really only looking at 3 hours a week. However, there is a possibility for advancement come summer time.

Right now I'm looking to get a desk job in one of the Residence Halls. It's a good opportunity to make a little spending money, and I can do my studying on the job.

---

From what I've observed Alaskans are very much behind Sarah Palin. I wouldn't be surprised if McCain grabbed Alaska's whopping 3 electoral votes.

---

I'm in the University Center right now, I will post pictures of my roommates to this blog sometime tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Once a week, I don't know if I can stand it. Of course that's more info than when you were in Conn. I love knowing a little about what you are doing.

Shelly Ann said...

Can your radio show also be on the internet so we can listen to it? tanks.

p.s. mom! why is no one EVER home when i call? that is all.