Friday, November 14, 2008

November, 14 2008

I wish the 1st of Octember was real. :)

In Vermont, it seems that the significant snow always falls over night. Alaska will drop 4-5 inches on you when ever it feels like it. I went to my one o'clock class and the sidewalks were clear. After class campus is covered in 4 inches.

I've started picking classes for next semester. Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday to finish making selections. On the upside, the reason I have to wait is: I have to petition to have some of my credits, that transferred as electives, to count towards my English requirements. I might have a really tough semester but, I really could have my degree by the end of the summer at the latest.

I can't believe I lost my Fantasy Football match up last week. I made a roaring comeback, and losing by 2 points hurts. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'll clean up this weekend.

Actually sports in general are pretty average. The Steelers lost a game they should have won, TCU lost to Utah ruining a chance for a BCS bid. On the upside, the Lakers are undefeated and the Penguins beat the Redwings in OT!

Swimming is coming to a close right before Thanksgiving. :( It'll start up again Jan. 13, but I'll miss my swimmers; especially those that graduate to the next level. (I know that Chloe will move up; which, while I'm so proud of her, it was really rewarding being her coach, and I'll miss her.)

Fairbanks round two is getting closer and closer. I can't wait to eventually be back in Vermont for Christmas. Shawn, get your skates ready, we'll play some hockey.

4 comments:

Mom said...

So good to hear from you. Go for those transfer credits! We are so proud of you. Ask Shawn about talking to the CG recruiter. We just finished a week of temps in the high 40's and 50's. We have new carpet!

Mom said...

By the way August 8th you will be in Melbourne, Florida for Mum Mum's 80 birthday. Hope we can make this work with your schedule.

IndianaMom said...

Hi. Hope you are enjoying yourself. 4 inches in such a short time is scary. Speaking of sports, I'm doing pretty well on TV.com's NFL Pick 'Em. I've been in the top three for most of the season. Pretty good for someone who doesn't follow football. :)

Shelly Ann said...

August 8th, thanks for letting me know, mom! (this is said somewhat sarcastically)