Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matt's Sunday + his Monday schedule

Yesterday: I took a look into the ice rink: Check out this picture of past Hockey Classic Champions. Recognize 2005's winner???


Today (Sunday) I made sure that I could make my longest walk from class to class, in under 15 minutes.

Success! I made it in 10.

At Campus Kickoff, I got some information about the bike club where I can go build my own bike (tall bikes, funny shapes, lots of welding etc.). That will also come in handy for traversing the farther distances. My idea is to build a bike with two front wheels, and see if that works better in the snow.

I also got information about the debate team and campus radio.

While in The Commons I saw an add on one of the message boards: The local swim club, The Northern Lights, is looking for a tues/thurs coach. I called and left a message. I really hope I get that job, it would be quite ideal.

Today, I also took the bus to Fred Meyer. I picked up some toilet paper, shaving cream and batteries.

Here's a picture of the BP building. It's big, but it's not downtown.

On my way back a group of guys were barbecuing in the parking lot and invited me over. Free food, a little pick up football...it was a good time. I haven't really made any friends yet, but at least I'm meeting some people.

Two of my room mates have arrived, but the third is a no show. I'm not getting my hopes up, but an RA said there was a possibility I could end up having the room to myself. Can you say, "beds pushed together". :)

This is what my schedule for Monday looks like:

6:00 Wake - small bite to eat (fruit bar etc.) - walk to the gym
6:30-7:45 Gym: Chest, Back, :30 run
8:00 Breakfast
8:30-9:30 Me time
9:30-11:15 Walk to class (10:00-11:15: Western Civ 2)
11:30-12:00 Lunch
12:00-12:30 Get info about Outdoor Club
12:30 Catch shuttle to Linguistics Class
1:00-2:15 Linguistics
2:15 Hoof it about 3/4 mile
2:30-3:45 Interpersonal Communications
4:00-5:30 Organize Mon/Wed materials - Study (where applicable)
5:30 Dinner
6:00-10:00 Check out clubs/organizations - Study
10:00 Bed

Until next time...

2 comments:

Shelly Ann said...

good luck in interpersonal communications. i took that class here and it was terrible...one of my worst grades ever! but the rest of your day looks exciting! Does your school have a football team?

Mom said...

How was Monday? Tuesday?
I need info!